This Portrait workshop is presented by Scott Fowler GPSA, FPSNZ, EFIAP, EPSA. Scott is a previous selector for the PSNZ National Exhibition amongst a list of accolades and awards that could fill a book see here for more https://www.scottfowlerworkshops.com/bio. Scott is well know in New Zealand for his amazing photography workshops which are usually ran in the South Island. We have been very lucky to manage to arrange for Scott to come to APS!
The hands on part of course will be limited to just 18 participants. The Friday night Q+A is open to all APS members and is free of charge - a separate event will also be setup to show this.
BONUS: Godox lighting will be provided and sponsored by Photogear. A 15% discount off all Godox lighting and 10% off all other lighting will be offered to full workshop participants.
The full workshop costs just $199
SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM TO BOOK A SPACE - YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO BOOK - YOUR SPACE IS NOT SECURED UNTIL YOU PAY
The course spans the Friday evening through to the Sunday mid day in the following format:
Friday 23rd August: ~ 2h Evening presentation + Q&A session beginning 7.30pm
The Community of Saint Luke, Remuera (130 Remuera Road)
• Introduction to Scott Fowler
• Recent work
• A run-down of the weekend
• What you can expect to learn
• Any other important information or background
Saturday 24th August: 10am – 5pm full day (catering included)
Photoshoot at Alberton House (Mt Albert) – full reign of the house and gardens
Lunch included (vegetarian options, but special dietary requirements/allergies not catered for)
Models: Vintage dress and steampunk
10-11.30am - Scott to discuss lighting setup and then talk through lighting and posing of male model (standing), followed by Scott to talk through lighting and posing of female model (sitting)
11.30-1pm - Free shoot
1-1.30pm - Lunch break (provided)
1.30 - 3pm Free shoot
3-3.30pm - Coffee break (provided) and Scott to give some tips on shooting in natural light
3.30 – 4.30pm - Free shoot
4.30 – 5.00pm - Wrap up, pack up
Sunday 25th August: 8.30am – 2pm half day (no catering)
Beauty shoot at Project Quay (Britomart)
Models: Glamourous dresses and suits
8.30-9.15am - Scott to talk through lighting and posing of a female model (standing) followed by backlighting in portraits
9.15-10.45am - Free shoot
10.45-11.15am - Coffee break
11.15-11.45pm - Scott to talk through lighting and posing of a couple (standing)
11.45-1.30pm - Free shoot
1.30-2.00pm - wrap up, pack up
- Bring warm clothing (no heating)
- No stiletto shoes
- Tripods must have rubber/plastic feet. Kauri wood flooring throughout must not be damaged.
- Parking is on-street directly outside the venue. The small amount of parking inside the grounds of Alberton House but this will be reserved for models, makeup artists, etc.
- Whilst we are providing lunch on this day, we are not able to cater for special dietary needs or guarantee foods are free from nuts etc. If you have special dietary needs or allergies please pack your own lunch.
- There are tea and coffee-making facilities at Alberton House, and basic coffee/tea/milk will be provided. There is no café on site. The closest cafés are a 5 minute drive to Mt Albert.
- The house is still open to the public and so we must be considerate of others visiting the house.
- Consider taking public transport into the city to avoid parking fees, or consider car-pooling
- No catering is provided on this day, however, we have arranged a service from a local café to provide coffee and snacks delivered to us. You must pay for your orders with CASH. Your order will be taken prior to 10am for delivery at the coffee break
Some of Scott's Portraits